GUIDELINES FOR PLENARY, ORAL AND POSTER PRESENTERS
We would like to thank you for accepting to participate in EAC 2019 in Gothenburg!
Below you will find some information that will help prepare your contribution.
Plenary and Oral sessions
To ensure a smooth course during sessions, we kindly ask presenting authors to consider the following:
The time slots for each type of session and presentation format is:
- Plenary Session presentation: 60 min (max)
- Oral presentation: 15 min (max 12 min. for presentation and 3 min. for discussion)
- Oral presentation (specific assigned): 30 min (max 25 min. for presentation and 5 min. for discussion)
Session chairs have been instructed to rigorously enforce the schedule, i.e. to strictly limit the length of a presentation. We kindly ask you for your understanding and for your cooperation in keeping the schedule.
Be at the room of your session well in advance before session starts, so that you can meet your session chairs and other speakers and get acquainted to the technical equipment.
Speakers Preview Room and presentations
Place: Room R11-12
Presenters must report to the Speaker Preview Room and hand in the presentation on a USB stick at least 2 hours prior to the talk. The presentation will then be sent to the presentation room and each room has a technician that will assist and start the presentation for you.
No use of personal laptops will be allowed in the session room.
Speaker Preview Room opening hours:
Sunday 25 August 16:00-20:00
Monday 26 September 07:00-18:00
Tuesday 27 September 07:00-18:00
Wednesday 28 September 07:00-13:00
Thursday 29 September 07:00-18:00
Friday 30 August 07:00-12:00
- Please bring your presentations on a USB memory stick in MS-Power Point or Adobe PDF format to the speaker preview room at least 2 hours prior to your presentation!
- Note that there will be no presentation uploads in the conference rooms. All presentations must be uploaded in the Speaker Preview Room prior to your presentation.
- Technical personnel will test-check your oral presentation for compatibility.
- Please give the technical personnel any special instructions you may have when you are in the Speaker Preview Room, not during your lecture.
Computers and Technical assistance
There will be technical assistance in all rooms, however, to avoid any problems with your presentation please make sure that it meets the necessary requirements
If possible, try to embed videos into your presentation file. If this is not possible, make sure your presentation file and linked files are in the same folder.
Naming of presentation files
Please use only characters from the English alphabet and refrain from using any unusual symbols.
- PC: Includes Microsoft Office 2016 and Windows 10. The following file formats are supported: *.ppt *.pps *.pptx *.ppsx *.pdf.
- PC: Videos: Make sure that you compress the video. There are numerous different file formats and codecs, we recommend using .mp4 videos encoded with H.264 video and AAC audio (MPEG-4 AVC).
- Other supported file formats are .mpg .wmv .avi using the default-installed codecs in Microsoft Windows 10 and VLC.
- Projector format: The standard format of the projectors in the conference rooms will be 16:9 (wide screen).
- The default slide size in PowerPoint 2016 is widescreen (16:9), for earlier versions of PowerPoint it might be necessary to manually change this. Change the slide size from standard (4:3) to widescreen (16:9).
Important information for poster presentations
The poster area will be in the conference area in Expo hall/Hall F. Poster presenting authors can display their poster during the day it will be presented between 09:00-17:00.
You are expected to put up the poster in the morning, before the morning coffee break. Please remove your poster in the afternoon, after the last coffee break. Posters not withdrawn after the day will not be saved.
When preparing the poster, presenters should have in mind the objective of capturing the interest of attendees to the work that is being presented. The quality of the presentation stimulates the attention from the audience and improves the overall satisfaction of the community attending the conference. Use an appropriate font size allowing posters to be readable by delegates 1,5 m away.
The poster message should be clear and understandable without oral explanation. Further, we would like to call the attention of poster presenters to the following items:
- Each poster board is marked with a poster ID-number. Please find your poster ID-number in the Online program (available later the printed or PDF version).
- Authors are requested to use only the boards provided for their poster.
- Posters should be fixed to the poster board using the velcro tape provided on site at the poster hall.
- Authors are required to stand by their posters during their whole scheduled poster session time on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday.
- The maximum and recommended size of your poster is A0 poster in ‘Portrait’ (vertical) format. A0 measures 841mm wide x 1189mm high. Please note that there is not enough space for posters bigger than the stated size or posters in landscape. No audio-visual equipment is allowed at the posters.
We wish you good luck while preparing your presentation and thank you for your cooperation!
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org